Sodium Bisulphate (Sodium Hydrogensulphate) Food Grade E 514 ii – NaHSO₄
EC No: 231-665-7
CAS No: 7681-38-1
EC name: sodium hydrogensulphate
IUPAC name: sodium hydrogen sulfate
Trade name: Sodium Bisulphate
Synonyms: Sodium acid sulphate; Sodium pyrosulphate; Sodium Hydrogensulphate; Sulfuric acid, monosodium salt
Physical appearance: dry, anhydrous, crystalline solid pearls, white
Sodium Hydrogensulphate is a white, crystalline and spherical shaped (beads) substance with high hygroscopic properties.
The single beads have an approximate diameter of 0,75 mm.
It is an acid salt, a so called solid acid.
Solutions of Sodium Hydrogensulphate are caustic and on metal they have a corrosive effect.
- Cleaning industry: – cleaning agent in household (WC cleaning powder), cleaning agent for dairies and industry
- Waste water/Water industry: – for the adjustment of the pH value (decreasing – also suitable for pool water)
- Technical/Chem. industry: – for the dehydration of Castor oil (as solid acid)
- Textile industry: – for bleaching and dyeing of wool as auxiliary agent / spinning of viscose (as an additive to spinning baths) / improvement of colour retention when using dicyandiamide
- Optics: – for technical glass and polishing and grinding agent
- Caoutchouc: – for the reprocessing of used caoutchouc
- Leather industry: – for the bleaching and swelling of skins
- Metal industry: – for the pickling of metals (as flux)
- Mineral oil industry: – for extracting nitrogen compounds from hydrogencarbons
- Treatment of litter/manure on poultry farms
The following certificates are available for this product:
SODIUM BISULPHATE TDS